Most students lack proper guidance during the start of their IIT JEE / NEET Preparation. As a result, they are not aware of how to plan & structure their studies in the best possible manner. This planning if done properly significantly increases one’s chances of getting into the dream college otherwise IIT JEE / NEET preparation journey tends to become highly unclear, inefficient, unpredictable & stressful!
In this blog, I will tell you about the ‘Top 6 Must Dos during first 6 months of IIT JEE / NEET Preparation’
1. Channel for Motivation / Inspiration
Since you have decided to commit 10-15 hrs each day for 2 long years along with lakhs of rupees for your engineering / medical entrance preparation, it’s important to become clear that ‘Why you are doing this’.
Take a sheet of paper & write down ‘What kind of life you want to live, which college you want to get into, which branch you want to choose, target All India rank (AIR) & so on’. Write it in a beautiful manner & keep revisiting this again & again atleast once in 15 days.
2. Daily Specific Goal Setting & Tracking Number of Self Study Hours
- Divide your entire day’s schedule of 7-8 hours self study into small segments of 1-2 hrs each
- Set a very specific goal for each segment. For Ex: In the next 2 hours, I’ll finish Kinematics theory from HC Verma
- Goal talks about ‘Time, Topic (Not just subject), Source & Theory / Questions very clearly
- Track the number of focused self study hours at the end of Day
3. Understanding Concepts Strategy
- Freeze the sources for all three subjects from which you will do theory & solved examples. Theory sources should not be more than 2 per subject. Refer to these sources consistently for all chapters!
- Choose the method that helps you understand concepts in the best possible manner. To know more, read this amazing way of studying here (http://mindlarity.com/study-process/ )
4. Problem Solving Strategy
- Freeze the sources for all three subjects from which you will do simple, jee mains & jee advanced level questions. These can be 3-4 sources per subject & make sure that you are solving around 400 questions on each chapter consistently!
- Choose the method that helps you improve on problem solving skills in the best possible manner
5. Trial & Error in Mock Exams
- Prepare for each & every mock exam thoroughly. Spend as much time as needed to revise all chapters coming in the exam. Please don’t leave anything!
- Read each & every question with full focus & attention. Attempt the question only if you know the concepts & calculation steps otherwise leave it.
- Test other strategies & freeze them in 5-10 exams
6. Consistent Revision Plan
- Revise coaching notes daily
- Keep 3-4 hours every sunday to revise topics taught in that week
- Revise each chapter coming in upcoming mock exam very thoroughly
If you apply the above 6 processes thoroughly with full awareness, commitment & dedication, you will build a very strong foundation in your IIT JEE / NEET Preparation. This strong foundation will make your remaining 1.5 years joyful, stress free & successful otherwise preparation become unclear, ineffective & unpredictable.
If you want to know more about the above strategies, you can set up a free 30 min call with me by clicking Here.